Economic Development Division
飞艇怎么淘汰了The Economic Development Division provides an opportunity to join others who share an interest in and responsibility for matters related to economic development.
The mission of the Economic Development Division is to advance the practice and state of the art of economic development by:
- Increasing the understanding of economic development as a key element of public policy formulation at all levels of government;
- Promoting economic development as a critical element of neighborhood community, regional, and national planning processes;
- Disseminating materials and information about current economic development practice and theory to members of the division;
- Assisting APA in positively influencing economic development policy; and
- Promoting professional communication among members of the division through a variety of member services, including, but not limited to newsletters, web page, conference sessions, workshops, and other publications.
We look forward to you joining together with our 600 members throughout North America and several foreign countries. On this website you will find information about our division's programs and services. We welcome your comments, suggestions, and inquiries, so please feel free to contact us.
Lance Harris, AICP
|Planning for Economic Development|
Do planners create jobs or are they solely regulators? APA’s Economic Development Task Force explored these issues in a 2015 report and presentation, telling the story of how planning is essential to economic development.
Through a series of mini-case studies, planners identify the differences between economic growth and economic development, learn the local context and parts of a regional economy, and better understand their local and regional economies.